Enrollment and Registration

Need to Enroll?

If you are new to Denver and need to enroll in a school for the current year, or your Denver address has changed, visit School Finder to locate your neighborhood school. To enroll in your new neighborhood school, please bring proof of address, proof of age of the student, and the student’s immunization record to the school’s front desk. Call the school for more details.

If you are new to Denver, or your Denver address has changed, and would like to attend a school other than your neighborhood school, or if you reside in an Enrollment Zone, please complete a Mid-Year Entry application here. Contact the Office of Choice and Enrollment at 720-423-3493 with any questions or for assistance submitting your application.

students jumping on playground

Administrative Transfers

If you want to change schools but have not moved, please contact the school where your student is currently enrolled to request the Administrative Transfer form. Transfer approval is based on space availability, demonstration of genuine need and student history.

student in classroom

SchoolChoice for 2019-20

If you want to enroll in a DPS school other than your neighborhood school for the 2019-20 school year, you may take part in Round 1 of SchoolChoice. The Round 1 window for the 2019-20 school year will be announced soon. Click here to learn more about Round 1 of SchoolChoice.

Teacher working with a student