Online Student Verification, during which families may update their student’s information for the 2017-18 school year, will be open July 20 through Aug. 11.
By reviewing your student’s information online, you avoid paper forms and decrease the time you spend at the school during fall registration.
What can you do now?
If you already have a Parent Portal account, log in now to make sure it is active
and ready. Then go to No. 2 for next steps.
1. To create your Parent Portal account:
- Visit myportal.dpsk12.org
- Click the “Getting Started” tab at the top
- Follow the instructions and fill out the form on the left side to create your own account
- You will receive an email from the DPS Portal Team with a link to activate your account. Click the link to verify your email address.
2. To submit your Online Verification information:
- Log into your Parent Portal account starting July 20, 2017 at myportal.dpsk12.org (recommended browsers are Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 8.0, 9.0 and 10.0)
- Click the “Online School Verification” tab on the left side of the page, follow the instructions, and complete by Aug. 11
- Some changes can’t be completed online and will require you to take documentation to the school. If you receive this prompt while completing the process, please gather the appropriate documents to complete verification during registration. This includes changes in address, names or guardians.
- You must go through verification for every student enrolling in a DPS school, just as you have done with the paper process in the past.
- NOTE: Any family with a currently enrolled DPS student and a Parent Portal account can take part. However, only the primary parent or guardian registered in Infinite Campus can complete online verification.
Click here for a downloadable flier.