Online Student Verification, during which families may update their student’s information for the 2017-18 school year, is open July 20 through Aug. 11.
By reviewing your student’s information online, you avoid paper forms and decrease the time you spend at the school during fall registration.
Here’s how it works
If you already have a Parent Portal account, log in now to make sure it is active
and ready. Then go to No. 2 for next steps.
1. To create your Parent Portal account:
- Visit myportal.dpsk12.org
- Click the “Getting Started” tab at the top
- Follow the instructions and fill out the form on the left side to create your own account
- You will receive an email from the DPS Portal Team with a link to activate your account. Click the link to verify your email address.
2. To submit your Online Verification information:
- Log into your Parent Portal account starting July 20, 2017 at myportal.dpsk12.org (recommended browsers are Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 8.0, 9.0 and 10.0)
- Click the “Online School Verification” tab on the left side of the page, follow the instructions, and complete by Aug. 11
- Some changes can’t be completed online and will require you to take documentation to the school. If you receive this prompt while completing the process, please gather the appropriate documents to complete verification during registration. This includes changes in address, names or guardians.
- You must go through verification for every student enrolling in a DPS school, just as you have done with the paper process in the past.
- Any family with a currently enrolled DPS student and a Parent Portal account can take part. However, only the primary parent or guardian registered in Infinite Campus can complete online verification.
- Parent Portal Support Requests: Due to high volumes during Online Verification, Parent Portal account support requests will need to be submitted by Aug. 7 to firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-423-3163 to allow for ample response time before the OLV window closes.
Online Student Verification is not required. Please know that paper forms are still available at all DPS schools. As always, you are welcome to complete the process at your child’s school of enrollment as you have done in previous years.
Click here for a downloadable flier.