SchoolChoice enrollment will follow five steps for any student who wants or needs to attend a new school in 2018-19, particularly “transitioning” students.
- Research DPS schools by reviewing the SchoolChoice Enrollment Guide, using online resources, attending regional school expos and school fairs and visiting schools of interest.
- Prioritize your student’s top five preferences and list them in order on the SchoolChoice application.
- Complete any extra enrollment steps required by some magnet schools and programs.
- Submit your SchoolChoice application by 4 p.m. Feb. 28, 2018. Beginning this year, SchoolChoice will be an online process.
- SchoolChoice combines your student’s top five preferences with each school’s admissions priorities and available space. All students are randomly assigned a lottery number that will determine at which school they are awarded a seat.
Students will be awarded a seat at their highest-preference school with an available seat and you will be notified in early April, 2018.