SchoolChoice enrollment will follow five steps for any student who wants or needs to attend a new school in 2017-18, particularly “transitioning” students.
- Research DPS schools by reviewing the SchoolChoice Enrollment Guide; utilizing online resources, such as http://schoolmatch.dpsk12.org/; attending district expos and school fairs; and visiting schools of interest.
- Prioritize your student’s top five preferences and list them in order on the SchoolChoice form.
- Complete any extra enrollment steps required by some magnet schools and programs.
- Submit your SchoolChoice form by 4 p.m. on Jan. 31, 2017. SchoolChoice forms are available for completion online. Parents need to create a DPS Parent Portal account in order to submit a SchoolChoice form online. To obtain a Parent Portal account or confirm login information please call 720-423-3163.
- SchoolChoice will combine your student’s top five preferences with each school’s admissions priorities and available space. For schools with more interested students than available space, students will be randomly assigned a lottery number that will determine at which school they are awarded a seat.
Students will be awarded a seat at their highest-preference school with an available seat and you will be notified in mid-March 2016.