Round 2 of the DPS SchoolChoice process closes Aug. 31 at midnight for all grades except ECE. Round 2 begins every year after families are notified of their Round 1 school placement.
Round 2 is the first-come, first-served segment of SchoolChoice for families who missed Round 1; took part in Round 1 but want to re-explore their options; or are new to DPS for next school year. Round 2 applications are available following Round 1 notifications by accessing your SchoolChoice account here. Read below for more information.
Who should submit a Round 2 SchoolChoice application?
- Families who did not take part in Round 1 and would like to change their student’s school.
- Families who have changed their mind since submitting a Round 1 application. If you are happy with your school placement following Round 1, you do not need to take part in Round 2.
- Please note: If your student was waitlisted at a school in Round 1, please DO NOT submit a Round 2 application to the same school, as your student already has a spot on the school’s waitlist.
How do I submit my application?
Sign in to your SchoolChoice account here. If you don’t have an account, you can create one using your email address or a current Parent Portal log-in.
When can I submit my application?
Round 2 applications may be submitted through Aug. 31, 2018 (except for ECE).
How does Round 2 of the SchoolChoice process work, and how will I be notified of my student’s status?
- Round 2 SchoolChoice applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no lottery involved but priorities are given. Click here for more information about priorities. If the school has available space for the 2018-19 school year at the time you submit your application, your student will be approved and enrolled for next year. If a waitlist exists, your student will be added to the list in date and time order within your given priority. Please note: This means that waitlist positions may change up or down.
- If you are accepted to a school in Round 2, your Round 1 school assignment is relinquished. Waitlist positions for more highly preferred choices are not affected.
How do I know if I am eligible for a mid-year entry?
- If you are new to Denver, or your Denver address has changed , click here to locate your neighborhood school. To enroll in your new neighborhood school, please bring proof of address, proof of age of the student, and the student’s immunization record to the school’s front desk. Call the school for more details.
- If you are new to Denver, or your Denver address has changed, and would like to attend a school other than your neighborhood school, or if you reside in an Enrollment Zone, please complete a Mid-Year Entry application here. Contact the Office of Choice and Enrollment at 720-423-3493 with any questions or for assistance submitting your application.