Round 2 of the DPS SchoolChoice process opens 8 a.m. April 3 for all grades and closes midnight Aug. 30 for all grades except ECE (Round 2 for ECE remains open until April, 2020). Round 2 begins every year after families are notified of their Round 1 school placement.
Round 2 is the first-come, first-served segment of SchoolChoice for families who missed Round 1; took part in Round 1 but want to re-explore their options; or are new to DPS for next school year. Round 2 applications are available following Round 1 notifications by accessing your SchoolChoice account. Read below for more information.
Who should submit a Round 2 SchoolChoice application?
- Families who did not take part in Round 1 and would like to change their student’s school.
- Families who have changed their mind since submitting a Round 1 application. If you are happy with your school placement following Round 1, you do not need to take part in Round 2.
- Please note: If your student was waitlisted at a school in Round 1, please DO NOT submit a Round 2 application to the same school, as your student already has a spot on the school’s waitlist.
How do I submit my application?
Sign in to your SchoolChoice account. If you don’t have an account, you can create one using your email address or a current Parent Portal log-in.
When can I submit my application?
Round 2 applications may be submitted beginning 8 a.m. April 3, 2019.
How does Round 2 of the SchoolChoice process work, and how will I be notified of my student’s status?
- Round 2 applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the application is received, your student will be placed on a waitlist while the school processes the application. If the school has available space, your student will be approved and enrolled for next year. There is no lottery in Round 2, but priorities are given.* If a waitlist exists, your student will be added to the list in date and time order within your given priority. *Please note: This means that waitlist positions may change up or down.
- If your student is accepted to a school in Round 2, any Round 1 school assignment is relinquished. You will remain on waitlists for any higher-ranked schools.
How do I know if I am eligible for a mid-year entry?
- If you are new to Denver, or your Denver address has changed , locate your neighborhood school. To enroll in your new neighborhood school, please bring proof of address, proof of age of the student, and the student’s immunization record to the school’s front desk. Call the school for more details.
- If you are new to Denver, or your Denver address has changed, and would like to attend a school other than your neighborhood school, or if you reside in an Enrollment Zone, please complete a Mid-Year Entry application. Contact the Office of Choice and Enrollment at 720-423-3493 with any questions or for assistance submitting your application.